Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Books published by Isobel Knight

Bowen Therapy - Writing and Research
I have written a number of articles about the Bowen Technique, and have had several published including one by The British Medical Journal, the Hypermobility Syndromes Association Newsletter and Ehlers-Danlos-UK magazine, 'Fragile Links.' I have also had articles published about me in the Cambridge Explorer Magazine and The Dancing Times. I have co-authored a book called 'Managing challenging and chronic medical conditions using Bowen Technique' with author and Bowen Instructor, John Wilks (2014). Most recently I had an article in the American Journal of Genetics where I write about Bowen Technique and narrative medicine in working with those with EDS-HT (March, 2015). I am planning some qualitative involving Bowen Technique and the treatment of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Hypermobility Type (EDS-HT), and also work with Carol Clark at the University of Bournemouth looking at health/patient treatment models. I am now beginning to work towards a PhD by works in the public domain (contribution to research and writing on EDS-HT).

Ehlers-Danlos (Type III) Hypermobility Syndrome - Writing
I am internationally published author on Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Hypermobility-Type. My first book on the topic, 'A Guide to Living with Hypermobility Syndrome, Bending without Breaking' was published in 2011 (Singing Dragon Press). My next book, A Multi-Disciplinary Approach to managing Ehlers-Danlos (Type III) Hypermobility Syndrome - working with the chronic complex patient' was published in March 2013. You can find out more about my other EDS-HT related publications, on (link page). My first book (which is recognised as a 'bestseller' has now been made into a second edition! http://www.bowenworks.org/research.html



 

No comments: