Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Welcome to Bowenworks!

My name is Isobel Knight and I have been a Bowen practitioner for 12 years. In 2003 I founded my practice which I called 'Bowenworks' because I felt, and still do, that so many people may benefit from this profound work.

I became interested in Bowen when most other physical therapies had failed to help my chronic back pain. Bowen gave me significant relief and I was impressed by the subtleties of the approach.

I studied for my Diploma under the Bowen Academy of Australia (Bowtech) and I also have the ITEC Anatomy and Physiology Diploma, qualifying in 2003. I have completed my advanced Bowen modules, and have started my Bowen Masters-level work. I have had the privilege of being taught by Oswald and Elaine Rentsch who learned from Tom Bowen himself. I regularly attend CPD courses to ensure that the standard of my Bowen work remains as high as possible and sometimes assist Bowen Instructors teaching student classes.

I am a full member of the Bowen Practitioners associated with the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia and the UK Association, and I am a member of the Bowen Association UK Committee 2015-16. I am also a member of the Bowen Therapy Professional Association. I have contributed to articles in the Bowen UK Newsletter and International Journal, 'Bowen Hands' amongst others.

No comments: